Saturday, August 31, 2013

The Longest Memory by Fred D'Aguiar

I don't know if I would have ever known about this book had it not been highly recommended by Justine as I was rifling through the books about to be abandoned due to a move. I found it very engaging. I enjoyed the style of each chapter carrying a different characters voice, and allowing the story to slowly unravel with new insights. I'm not sure how common this book is but if you can get your hands on a copy it's a short (less than 200pages) and beautiful read. You'll be better off having read it and it's sure to stir up some emotions. As I finished the last chapter I was already eager to hand it over to a friend who would appreciate it and hope it gets continually passed around. One of the things I do love about paper books (versus ebooks) is the physical gift and passing on the love of the story is more concrete.
Thanks for sharing Jus, you were right, I really did enjoy it!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment