Tuesday, July 30, 2013

The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald

I had read this book in high school and only remembered there was a character named Daisy. Forced to read it in a small window of time I didn't squeeze much out of it. I skimmed it to pass a test and didn't have the patience to give it a try.

After hearing it was the favorite book of a friend and since I love the Hemingway, Fitzgerald era, I thought I'd give it a second chance. I was happy I did.

It really is beautifully written with a great style. I think the movie The Great Gatsby brings the book to life and I especially enjoyed dressing up for opening night. The Baz Luhrmann style shouts itself from the screen reminding me of exact scenes from Moulin Rouge but the script comes through as exact verbatim from the book. Not my personal favorite but can appreciate the book, story and movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment